Monday, January 3, 2011

plans

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'"
Jeremiah 29:11

This is my absolute favorite verse. I'm sure that I share that opinion with many other people. I love this verse for so many reasons. Every time I read it, I feel complete escape from my perfectionistic instincts to create plans for everything in my life. Trust me, this is a freeing feeling for someone like me. This verse also gives me comfort in knowing that any decision that must be made in my life has already been written out for me by my wonderful creator. God has made plans for our lives and He, and only He, can fully understand them. The other comfort I have in this verse relates to God's provision. Kai has a tattoo on his back that says "Jehovah Jireh", which means God, our provider. When he got the tattoo, at the wise age of 17, we both made a commitment that we would always trust God's provision for our lives, and we have done so ever since. God has proven Himself to us many times by providing in times that we didn't see how it would be possible. He continues to show this in our lives, and I am so thankful for that.

1 comment:

  1. God is so faithful, and he delights when we praise Him for it!! And I think even more when we trust Him. Though I shoud not, I envy you for having learned that so early! Miss seeing you!

    ReplyDelete