Thursday, November 3, 2011

embrace it

So here we are, it's November 3. Not sure how that happened or when summer even started. My life has been one crazy whirlwind this last, well few years actually. I embraced fall early this year and I got my fall decorations out early and we picked pumpkins early, and it was nice. I got tired of fighting something that was all around me. I used to wait until October 1st or at least until I needed a jacket outside, but this year I decided to just embrace it and enjoy it early because everyone else was. Well, I'm here again. Everyone is talking about Christmas and listening to Christmas music and my instinct is to say, "NO, it's not even thanksgiving yet, you can't skip a holiday!" However, I'm realizing that there is this really awkward "in between" time after Halloween until Thanksgiving. Yes, I have A turkey and I leave up my pumpkins, but what else is there to do before thanksgiving. There are no presents to buy, no costumes to plan, there's really nothing other than express gratitude for everything in your life (which I absolutely am doing). Anyway, I've decided that Thanksgiving is basically apart of the Christmas season. Why does the magic of Christmas have to wait until the day after Thanksgiving. I want to celebrate it as long as possible! All that to say, I'm listening to Christmas music today. And I'm loving it. Why fight it anymore. It's here and it makes me happy, and on days that I can hardly get off the couch or open my mouth from fear of vomiting (sorry, too graphic) I need something that makes me happy. Even if it's as simple as Christmas music on Pandora.

"It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

No comments:

Post a Comment