Tuesday, December 13, 2011

"once i'm done with school"

After 6 1/2 long years of going to school while getting married, going through a deployment, buying a house and having a baby, I have finally finished college. There were many times that I did not think I could do it, and it seemed impossible. Especially when I had to retake Accounting twice and ask for multiple extensions (oops), but here I am at the end, and it's unreal that I really did it. I actually have a college degree. I don't have any real intentions of using it right now, but I have it and I did it. I'm not usually proud of myself for very many things, but I am pretty proud on this one. I took a full load of classes the semester Cory was born and the semesters after. It was crazy, terrible, and frustrating, but it's over. I have learned a lot about myself and what I can do with focus and determination. I'm thankful for this example of what I can accomplish with God's help. He led me through this journey, and He made it possible to finish. I am so thankful that it's over, but I am so thankful that it happened as well.

Now, what to do with all of my free time....KIDDING, I have a list that I've been compiling for the past few years that's labeled "once i'm done with school"

Once I'm done with school I will....
read for pleasure because I never have
take naps and not feel guilty about it
organize every drawer, cupboard and closet that has been neglected
finally organize our family budget
work hard on building up my business
take time to breathe, rest, and recover
enjoy time with Cory without thinking "I should be doing homework"
watch entire seasons of tv shows on netflix
Sleep in
Stay up late
and enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment